WARNING- California Residents- (Proposition 65) Lock Battery
The battery on the miniK10 lasts for
many years, up to 10 with the most efficient function options.
Before the battery runs out the the
If the user does not heed the above
warnings and the
We could sell you a small tool that you would lose in the next few years :-) or you could follow the simple steps below:
1. Get two paperclips and a 3.0V Lithium CR2450 battery (same one you will install once you open lock)
2. Straighten out the paperclips as shown
3. Put a paperclip on each side of the battery
4. Touch each paperclip to each node at
the tope of the
5. Enter in your code to open up the lock.
It is that simple! The new battery can now be installed. Note that given the 100-150 warning events prior to the battery running out, the need to override the battery would be rare.
NOTE: In a couple generations of our product we used a battery that was slightly larger even longer life! The battery is super tight though! If the battery seems really tight, simply snap off the tab holding the top of the battery (screwdriver scraping from the side see here). To remove battery, pop the battery out via the cavity to the right of the tab.